Staying at home isn't easy but it will protect lives. Please think about others and not just yourself. The NHS are risking their own lives, fighting to save ours so do your bit to help protect them. A massive thank you to our incredible NHS, every single key worker out there and to those around the globe too. #StayHomeSaveLives
11.04.2014  Beauty·美容

Achieving Volume on Day Old Hair

X
Copy the link below 按下方链接
HIBS100 Index of Home and Interior Blogs
HIBS100

EASY VOLUME
Who would have thought that achieving volume on fine, thin hair would be impossible? Being one of those fine, thin hair gals, I have been testing so many products and techniques to achieve the big hair oomph and for it to last for over 6 years. I do find that it is easier to achieve volume on day old hair rather than freshly washed. I guess this is the same concept as curls lasting longer.

For freshly washed hair, I do like to use rollers, volumising mousse and a teasing brush. This will be explained in another post at some point as to how I do it at some point. For a day or two old hair, maybe three, hair products is all you need and maybe a hint of teasing. I use:

Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume – Soaks up the excess oils whilst giving volume for a good amount of time however not long enough by itself.
Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray – Great to use after Bastiste to make the volume last longer.
Extra:
Teasing brush – If you have stubborn fine, thin hair, add a little bit of light teasing to the roots. 1 to 2 strokes maximum. There are days where I don’t require teasing. Is it strange that I can feel whether I need to tease or not?
Tresemme Freeze Hold Hairspray – To set the teasing.

Are there any volumising products you would recommend?

28 responses to “Achieving Volume on Day Old Hair”

1. Vivian Yuen says:

I use the Batisse XXL every day! Fab hair hun~

LIVE.IN.LOVE

~

2. atosa nikkhah says:

great post i will defiantly be trying this as my hair goes really flat after a day x

3. Sophie Pocock says:

I use Oribe Texturizing spray, its expensive though need to try the charles worthington.

Sophie
    xx

4. she.is.the.one says:

well done 🙂

fashion blog http://www.sheistheone.ch/

5. Leeshastarr says:

I do everything I can to take volume out of my hair so can't recommend any products.
    GIG LOVE | The Life of Leeshastarr

6. Kumiko Mae says:

Unlike you i have very full bodied almost always unruly hair so i try to stay away from volume!

7. Arian Yupangco says:

I'm over here constantly trying to FLATTEN my hair. I know a lot of girls love hair with volume and body, but I think mine has too much…

8. whattinaloves.com says:

I have thin hair and it's difficult to give that added volume. I don't like putting to much product on my hair so what I normally do is I wash my hair at night so come morning, it's dry. I don't comb my hair and just leave it in a bun. Then release it after for a beach wave effect. 😀

9. it seems batistse is HG for a lot of girls here eh! Usually for day old hair, I wrap it up in a chignon or french twist so it doesnt look so flat!

10. Cindy Tong says:

wow nice tips!!! i will jus tied them up if I was too [email protected]

11. Ling Zou says:

WOW Love how much volume your hair has! my hair is quite flat so I'll definitely try this!

Love Ling
    Blog: happylingfish.blogspot.com

12. Lorna mai ltd says:

I used to use a volumizing agent that you sprinkle on hair at the roots but I can't remember what it was called. Sometimes I use a hair piece!

13. aby ♥ says:

great post! same here, i got thin hair and love having it with volume. sometimes if i want it wavy , while wet i braid it then let it dry.. tada! wavy hair. hehehe

-from gig
    Swirls and Scribbles

14. MollyMia says:

you look like you really have big hair! as for me, i stay away from all volumizing products. my hair is thick enough on their own.
    giglove

15. I have a lot of hair, but it's thin, so this would be the perfect way for me to get some much needed volume. Thank you for the great tips & recommendations! <3 GIGLove

16. Smallnhot Sarah says:

This would be perfect for me since I have thin hair ! Thank you for sharing…

17. Caroline Paris says:

batiste is great . i use it quite often , ure hair looks great

18. Monica Calangian says:

Welcome to the club! I am one of those thin-hair gals 🙂 I would like to try that Batiste shampoo you are talking about

19. Marxie ♔ says:

I have fine, thin hair as well and I really want to add some volume to it. OTL Maybe I should give Batiste a try too

20. Yuh Jiun says:

Wow it looks great on you! Would love to try it out as I have very thin hair too 😀

21. I love the result. Glad that this combination was helpful to you. 🙂

22. Agata Pokutycka says:

Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume is fab! Works for me every time. Great product.

23. Nella P says:

I always heard good reviews on batiste dry shampoo. Volumizing and texturing hair spray is life savior when it comes to bad hair day.

GIG Love,

24. Miss Ika says:

Great product. I don't used hair spray
    gig love http://www.unlimitedbeautysecret.com/

25. Chaicy says:

I have heard good reviews about the Batiste brand. I'm not really fond of Volume adding products 'coz I'm on the other side with a voluminous hair.

GIG Love

New Post Up – xoxo Chaicy – Style..A Pastiche!

26. Shumaila Jaffer says:

i have heard about Batisse XXL so much but never tried…. seems like its the time now i should buy this baby 🙂

27. Margaret Dallospedale says:

Great post and amazing revie.
    Kisses