My Bad Beauty Habits

bad beauty habits flatlay

Being a beauty blogger, everyone probably thinks we follow the beauty 101 guide to a tee, but in fact, we all have our fair share of good habits as well as bad habits. There’s that lazy person inside each one of us and we don’t stick to certain things. I thought I’d share some of my bad beauty habits whether some of them grosses you out or not. This is like a mini reminder to myself to probably tackle each one of these points. But then again, it’s most likely not going to happen and also, who cares right?

Let’s see what my bad habits are…

• Not moisturising after showering. I need to try one of those in shower moisturisers or spray on.
  • Biting the skin off my lips rather than exfoliating.
  • Carrying on from above, I do forget to apply lip balm even though I carry like 20 in my bag somehow.
  • Squeezing spots and blackheads. It’s that disgusting satisfaction of all the dirt, oils and pus coming out.
  • Getting a haircut once a year or once every two.
  • Dying my roots every 6 months.
  • Picking and pulling my split ends when I’m bored.
  • Repurchasing a product even though I haven’t finished. Then opening and using the new one instead.
  • Skipping skincare after brushing my teeth and heading straight to bed when I’m too tired.
  • Beauty sleep is important but there are times where I’m up till the early hours.
  • Leaving chipped nail polish on till it’s all off and picking it off too.
  • Not washing my brushes as often as I should.
  • Also not using SPF everyday.
  • Going to bed with makeup on, but 98% of the time, alcohol plays a big part in this.
  • Pulling my falsies off rather using water/oil to loosen the glue first.

Do you have any bad beauty habits?

1. 15th August 2017 / 9:07 pm

I don’t have a beauty regime at all so that’s a huge bad habit!!! 🙁

2. 15th August 2017 / 9:22 pm

I also do a lot of these but my worse one is going to bed most nights with my make up still on too!

3. 15th August 2017 / 9:59 pm

This has made me smile, because I don’t feel to bad now 🙂 I am very hit and miss with my regime x

4. 15th August 2017 / 11:35 pm

I had completely forgotten about spray moisturisers I used to have one in my swimming bag and it was amazing, I totally need to reget one as your right they are good for after showers when I also forget to moisturise.

5. 16th August 2017 / 3:49 am

ahhhh embarrassingly I have so many of the same bad habits! This has definitely encouraged me to be more diligent with my routine!

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

6. 16th August 2017 / 10:26 am

Not using a body moisturizer or any SPF are my biggest beauty bad habits x

7. 16th August 2017 / 12:28 pm

Haha I have really bad beauty habits as well! I am very guilty of not going for regular haircuts. I think the last time was 5 years ago! x

8. 16th August 2017 / 1:59 pm

ive kind of fell out of my habits and routines but i do feel the break has helped my skin although i a using a wonderful new silicone brush cleanser which i love

9. 16th August 2017 / 3:26 pm

My OH dyes her hair every few months as well… She keeps saying she is going to stop but never does… Even though she has an allergy to many dyes…

10. Jess
    16th August 2017 / 4:45 pm

Biting the skin off my lips is hands down my worst blogger behavior. That and breaking my nails all the time.

11. 16th August 2017 / 7:58 pm

My mummy is guilty of sleeping in her make-up! oops! Thats a really bad habit!

12. 16th August 2017 / 8:52 pm

I love this post so much, definitely makes me feel better about my own lazy habits x

13. 16th August 2017 / 10:48 pm

You just put a massive smile on my face. You’re human! Yay. I did think that all you beauty bloggers would be on the ball with everything you do, but I love that you do all the normal things. I am guilty of all of the above at some point. (she says, admiring her horrdenous chipped nail varnish as she types)

14. 17th August 2017 / 9:50 am

Ah wow you’ve just made me realise how many bad habits I have too! But feel better knowing I’m not alone with them! 🙂

15. 17th August 2017 / 10:06 am

I’m terrible at not washing my makeup brushes often enough too! x

16. 17th August 2017 / 4:19 pm

Oh no, you have exposed all of us beauty bloggers! Lol!
    I love your honesty though 😉 we are all guilty to at least a few on this list!

17. 17th August 2017 / 4:44 pm

I don’t blame you with the root dying I hate doing mine. Lip balms I carry around too and forget to use.

18. 17th August 2017 / 5:24 pm

lol every single one of your list, plus probably a hundred more! I am THE worlds worst person when it comes to bad habits!

19. 18th August 2017 / 1:42 am

I barely wear SPF and I always forget to moisturise, I’m terrible!

20. 18th August 2017 / 8:45 am

Not moisturising after showering is one of my biggest beauty sins too! xx

21. Danielle
    18th August 2017 / 8:14 pm

I have so much moisturiser, but I never use it. With a baby, having time to shower can be a luxury sometimes and I am too lazy to spend time moisturising after.