John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume

john frieda luxurious volume 7 day shampoo conditioner treatment mousse

Limp, fine hair? Got to thank genetics for this trait. Volume and thick hair is all I ask for and hair extensions aren’t my thing, so I have to fake it some other way. I’ve used so many volumising hair products in my life so I know what’s good and what isn’t. No pressure. If you’ve got the above two traits and yearn for volume, then this John Frieda Luxurious Volume* range will be the one to look at.

Trying the products together, the highlight for me has got to be the conditioner. It’s got to be the first conditioner I’ve genuinely liked and am not afraid to use. Many out there weighed my hair down so much that it had put me off using any for over 10 years. Flat, still thin and greasy within half a day wasn’t the ideal look, but this was a game changer for me. Hair felt fuller, not heavy and soft. The shampoo and conditioner are a great duo and I could just leave it at that.

With the leave in treatment, it’s my go to for when I have a night out and can spend that extra 5 minutes waiting for this to do its job. It’s best using a wide tooth comb to get this on evenly and on the under sections. Once blow-dried, you can see and feel a difference in volume and body. I had found it always looks better the next day though. It states, “lasts through multiple washes’, about that… it is hard to actually tell whether it does last due to washing my hair every other day and incorporating dry shampoo in-between washes.

With the combination of the three products above, the best feeling is when you’ve washed it all out; you can feel a difference in thickness straight away. I know I’ll have a better poof when I cut my hair to medium length. Hashtag, Long hair problems.

Lastly is the hair mousse. It didn’t leave any sticky residue or that stiff and crispy feel once blow-dried. Lightweight? Yes, but I didn’t see any added volume. It felt like it had undone the work of the other three products which is unfortunate. Due to the natural finish, I had found there not being any hold which is something I look for in a mousse.

Overall, I’m quite surprised with this range despite the mousse. Not sure about the 7 days but it’s still good enough to use!

Have you tried this range?

1. 13th July 2017 / 8:06 am

My OH used to swear by John Frieda… She stopped buying their stuff when we started saving for a mortgage, but once that is out of the way, she’ll definitely start getting them again!

2. 13th July 2017 / 10:36 am

I struggle with volume so I definitely need something like this. I use the John Frieda colour shampoo and conditioner usually x

3. 13th July 2017 / 11:19 am

I love John Freida products – especially their Be Blonde range. I’ve never tried the Volume range though, so am going to have to give this a try. Like you I’m not sure if it will live up to the 7 day claim though… x

4. 13th July 2017 / 2:03 pm

I’ve not tried the John Frieda brand before, I definately need some volume in my hair!

5. Jess
    13th July 2017 / 2:09 pm

My hair is huge if I wear it down so I think this might make me look a little too volumous haha – what a niche problem. I do love the John Frieda range though. The flyaway cream is a live changer!

6. 14th July 2017 / 5:30 am

I have heard of this brand and heard it is really good. I need to try it out!

7. Danielle
    14th July 2017 / 10:38 am

I haven’t tried this particular one, but I am a big fan of the whole John Frieda range, so I will give it a try.

8. 14th July 2017 / 11:59 am

I have just started using some John Frieda products for blonde hair and do really like them. It will be great to try these out next!

9. 14th July 2017 / 12:09 pm

I love this collection – I find it’s the only products out there that give my limp locks some volume x

10. Lynne harper
    14th July 2017 / 12:14 pm

I massively struggle with volume since I grew my hair. This sounds exactly what I need, thanks for sharing

11. 14th July 2017 / 3:05 pm

Thankfully my mummy has thick hair with lots of volume so wouldn’t necessary need this however she can see how it would help others with fine hair.

12. 14th July 2017 / 3:30 pm

John Freida has been making such amazing products for years! I actually have very thick coarse hair and he’s got this one shampoo that leaves my hair so soft!

13. 14th July 2017 / 9:36 pm

Really love the sound of that conditioner! Hate when my hair is greasy the next day!

14. Jen
    15th July 2017 / 9:29 am

I love John Frieda products. I started using them more than 20 years ago, when the bottles were a standard royal blue. Since then, I’ve been a big fan and seeing their ranges expand is all rather splendid. I like that you can get a product to suit your own needs. I have fairly limp hair, and sometimes need that bit of volume boost. Some products on the market just don’t do the job, so lovely to see a recommended product range from a brand I already love.

15. 16th July 2017 / 3:52 pm

My hair does not lack in volume- if anything it has too much volume lol- but my Aunty swears by John Frieda as like you she has fine, thin hair. Shame about the mousse but the rest of the products sound perfect for her so thank you for bringing this to my attention x

16. 16th July 2017 / 8:49 pm

John Frieda is such an iconic brand. I have way too much volume in my hair, but I’ve heard the 7 day volume is quite good.

17. 17th July 2017 / 12:36 am

I am always tempted to pick up John Frieda’s products but I always end up sticking to my regular brands! This sounds tempting enough for me to try it out when I go shopping next!

18. 17th July 2017 / 8:55 pm

I am always looking for great products to give my hair a bit more volume. Love John Frieda’s products but haven’t tried this range yet. Sounds fab!