How I Store Makeup

muji acrylic makeup storage

WHITE, CLEAN & SLEEK

Now that I’ve moved into my own flat (last month), I had made makeup storage a priority of mine. Is that bad? I wanted the storage to match the interior. I’ve always wanted the Muji acrylic storage drawers and was on the website for an hour deciding on which one to get. Having a measuring tape and google images, I have decided on the two drawers to start off with and purchased two.
muji acrylic makeup storage
I thought that it will be enough to store all of my makeup. I was wrong when it arrived. I think I would need another two so each draw can store specific products. But right now, I have organised it by feature so I can open the drawers downwards when I apply my makeup. For the large makeup palettes, I’ve placed them on its side next to the drawers. I didn’t bring all of them with me as there are more I want to purchase in the future (*cough* Lorac, Inglot *cough*). Here are the drawers from top to bottom:
muji acrylic makeup storage

The base – foundation, concealer, powder and blotting paper.

muji acrylic makeup storage

The eyes – eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, eyeshadow.

muji acrylic makeup storage

The cheeks – blusher and bronzer. I do have products that belong in the base drawer however there isn’t enough room..

muji acrylic makeup storage

The lips – lipstick, lipgloss, lip liner and lipcare.

muji acrylic makeup storage
On top of the drawers, I have an owl storage ornament which I have no clue what to store in there as of yet. My lame brush collection is stored in an acrylic pencil pot purchased from WHSmiths. As you can see, I have my makeup remover, eyelash curlers, other tools and some other bits and bobs.

muji acrylic makeup storage
muji acrylic makeup storage
I think this nail storage is my absolute favourite. It is a glass storage, purchased it from BHS for Ā£15. I thought it would fit in all of my nail polish collection however it was smaller than I had expected and could only fit in a third of my collection. I have decided to put the polishes I wear often in this and store the rest in a large makeup bag.

muji acrylic makeup storage
For an added bonus, I might as well include my jewellery storage in this post. The jewellery tree is from Urban Outfitters in the sale for Ā£5. I’m slowly adding more to this.

How do you store you makeup and jewellery?

1. MishMreow M
    15th January 2014 / 12:49 am

I have the exact same muji drawers! I bought 3 only though. I actually recently made another trip there to pick up a couple of more bits and bobs and now the majority of my makeup has some sort of container to be in šŸ™‚ Aside from my muji stuff, I tend to just use random bits and bobs that are free in the house, so empty (cleaned out) jars and boxes from makeup orders šŸ™‚

2. Jade | JadeFungBlog
    15th January 2014 / 12:50 am

I'm in love! I love posts like this. Muji storage has changed my life (not to be dramatic) and the novelty of opening drawer by drawer to do my makeup is not over yet. I chose the narrow drawers but more of them so I could stack them tall but I think some wide drawers will have to be purchased because I don't like having my palettes and bigger compacts out loose. P.S. That jewellery tree is the cutest!

Jade | JadeFungBlog

3. Laura Side Street
    15th January 2014 / 12:58 am

Wow yours is so much more organised than mine – this has given me major inspiration to sort out my makeup drawer – which is all over the place at the moment – yours is so stylish and sleek šŸ™‚

Laura x

4. Honey Tan @ ihearthoneytan.com
    15th January 2014 / 1:24 am

I have a table top makeup organizer, a big makeup trunk from sephora, organizers for christmas decorations, but the thing that seems to work the best for me now is these cheap tool containers I got from the home depot. I like your storage drawers are cute. I like that they are clear.

5. Ailyn Koay
    15th January 2014 / 1:34 am

mine is all over the place =(
    but makeup is in the makeup bag, that's how many makeup's i have got

6. Rena Blank
    15th January 2014 / 3:16 am

Love the nail polish storage! I really need to update my storage but I think I am going to wait until I move! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

7. Erika
    15th January 2014 / 7:00 am

Brilliant! My make up is in a vintage 1930's case and my nail varnishes are in a big case (I have a lot of them).

8. Bijin Blair
    15th January 2014 / 7:39 am

You have a Za powder? What do you think of it? Za is widely available where I am at but I have never really looked at their products *shame on me!*

9. Lisa Shen
    15th January 2014 / 8:53 am

Oh wow! Your so organised! My stuff are all over the place lol. xx Lisa giglove

10. Georgie Colloff
    15th January 2014 / 2:54 pm

I bought similar draws from John Lewis, they are so good. I love being able to see what I own without have to rifle through all of my draws. Love love love your jewellery tree! It is bloomin' gorgeous!

Georgie xx

Life in Loafers

11. NHYC || Nicole
    15th January 2014 / 3:27 pm

The jewellery holder look very cute.
    I also have 2 wide set of acrylic drawers from muji and not all of my makeup will fit in there, so I'm planning to get another set. I have limited storage space in my uni room though, which sucks. Anyway, I like the way you set up everything!

Best of luck with your new apartment

N H Y Cā™„

12. Nia TGG
    15th January 2014 / 8:41 pm

love the tree! xx

13. Sonia
    15th January 2014 / 8:53 pm

Oh my gosh you have so much makeup, haha I'm jealous! My makeup is so unorganised, but yours inspires me to sort it out! Muji drawers look so cool!

So glad I've found your blog, it's really gorgeous and I love your posts! x

smoke + velvet

14. Alex Cooke
    15th January 2014 / 9:42 pm

I'm going to have to get hold of some Muji drawers, you've motivated me to get organised!!

Shannon x
    Fangirls&Foundations

15. Arian Yupangco
    16th January 2014 / 3:08 am

I love those Muji acrylic organizers too. I'm planning to purchase a couple because I'm desperately running out of space for all my makeup šŸ™

16. lisa prince
    16th January 2014 / 8:51 am

I have one of those trees too and it just gets filled with junk x

17. Jessica Dearnley
    16th January 2014 / 10:44 pm

Lovely makeup storage, I have so much I wouldn't have enough room on my dressing table. I need to get rid of some!

xx