Yangshuo 阳朔
Privacy policy 隐私政策
Nanjing, China

Nanjing – Part 1

11/06/2018

Nanjing xuanwu lake

江苏,南京

After Hangzhou was a four day trip to Nanjing which took around an hour and forty minutes on the high speed train. Of course I had to visit Nanjing as it was a former capital of China, known as a part of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China and is full of it’s own history. Nanjing means southern capital whilst Beijing means northern capital. It was probably the one and only city I had visited where I had learnt so much history, in particular the Nanjing Massacre. I did visit the memorial hall and it will be featured in the next post. Yep, a 4 day trip that will be split into two posts. Let the first part begin:

Nanjing city wall Olympic Rings

Nanjing city wall

Nanjing jiming temple

Nanjing xuanwu lake

Nanjing xuanwu lake

Nanjing xuanwu lake

Nanjing xuanwu lake
Nanjing night architecture

Nanjing xinkoujie

Nanjing Confucius Temple Scenic Area Pedestrian

Nanjing fuzimao Qin Huai River

Places featured in this post
City Wall (南京城墙)
Zhonghua Gate (中华门)
Jiming Temple (鸡鸣寺)
Xuanwu Lake (玄武湖)
Xinjiekou (新街口)
Confucian Temple Area, Fuzimiao (夫子廟)
Qinhuai River (秦淮河)

Stick around for part 2.

15 responses to “Nanjing – Part 1”

1. Hannah Wood says:

This place looks so good to go to with lots of nice place to see.

2. Charli says:

Oh my gosh the lake looks so very beautiful. It is so crystal clear!
    C x

3. Sarah Bailey says:

Wow what an amazing looking place Nanjing seems to be. the world really has some wonderful and beautiful sights for people to look through.

4. Vivian says:

The views here are incredible!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

5. Again some more stunning photographs, and a beautiful sunset x

6. Melanie says:

This looks amazing and your pictures are just super stunning x

7. Kacie Morgan says:

Nanjing looks beautiful. China has always appealed to me. It looks like a country that has managed to retain its original character and charm, while also introducing contemporary design and modern developments. Very admirable!

8. The pictures make this look like a stunning place to visit. My friends want to do a group family visit to China. I’ll make sure they take a look through and get some ideas of where to visit.

9. These are some stunning photos you have here of Nanjing , not been there before but after seeing the photos I am tempted to head there next time we stop in China.

10. Jenni says:

Oh my goodness, it is absolutely stunning. I hope to visit one day

11. What a stunning location and we never knew that Nanjing meant southern capital and Beijing is for northern capital.

12. I like how China has a contrast between the ‘new and the old world’ and their culture is fascinating too. So I think that Nanjing is definitely somewhere that I should add to my itinerary.

13. Kara says:

What stunning photographs, that scenery is beautiful! I would love to visit one day

14. Becca Talbot says:

I’ve not made it over to China yet – but it is definitely on my bucket list! I love how bright and colourful everything is, even at night time, it would certainly make for some Instagram-worthy pics 😉 x

15. This looks gorgeous! I would love to go to China one day, I’d never thought of Nanjing though