09/05/2018

Shanghai: A Picture Diary

Shanghai world financial centre city night view

上海

Warning: Image heavy.

I finally have the time to post photos from my Shanghai trip back in late January early February. As this post is already long enough with images alone, I will keep this post more of a picture diary. I was there for 7 days, well 6 as I had spent one day in Suzhou which will be in another post. As I’m typing this up right now, I already miss Shanghai and have already thought about moving there at some point. Not sure when but one day!

I will list the places featured in this post at the end to make things a bit easier to read and more organised.

Shanghai world financial centre city day view oriental pearl tower
Shanghai world financial centre day view[left]Shanghai Nanjing road[/left]

[right]Shanghai Tian zi fang [/right]
Shanghai Nanjing road New World Daimaru shopping mall
Shanghai the bund
Shanghai the bund

Shanghai yuyuan yu garden
Shanghai yuyuan yu garden

Shanghai Xintiandi
Shanghai xintiandi
Shanghai qibao ancient water town
Shanghai qibao ancient water town
Shanghai longhua temple

Places featured in this post
World Financial Centre Observatory (上海环球金融中心)
West Nanjing Road (南京西路)
Tianzi Fang (田子坊)
The Bund (外滩)
Yu Garden (豫园)
Xintiandi (新天地)
Qibao Ancient Town (七宝镇)
Longhua Temple (龙华寺)

Other places I’ve visited
Oriental Pearl Tower (东方明珠塔)
Old City God Temple Snack Street (老城隍庙小吃街)
Former French Concession (法租界)
Jade Buddha (玉佛寺)
Century Park (世纪公园)

And many more…

9 responses to “Shanghai: A Picture Diary”

1. Laura Dove says:

wow what amazing photos! Shanghai looks incredible and so full of character and excitement! I would love to go!

2. Alison Rost says:

It sure looks like a busy city but it’s definitely one that you must see! I love that the city is packed with so much places to visit. Thanks for the beautiful photos!

3. Amazing pictures- I love being able to get an idea of a place through other peoples photos and you’ve captured Shanghai beautifully.

4. Oh wow, this place looks amazing!!! I am loving ll the colours. I must add Shanghai to my bucket list of places to visit

5. Kacie Morgan says:

I’ve heard a lot about Shanghai as I used to manage marketing in SE Asia for an international boarding school. I hope to visit China myself someday.

6. Charli Bruce says:

What amazing photos! It looks like a very busy city but one I would very much like to visit x

7. Great photos! If I am ever lucky enough to go to Shanghai I’ll definitely be taking lots of photos too – it’s so colourful!

8. Nikki says:

Wow shanhai looks amazing! You really have captured some great shots!

9. Jenni says:

Wow it looks like a stunning place to visit!