TIME TO REFLECT
I’m currently looking back at my goodbye 2015 post to remember what I had written and to compare that year to 2016. Go on, have a nosey here.
Well what can I say? 2016 was a big improvement for me personally. The number one biggest improvement was getting my eating habit back to normal. No more skipping meals, no more unhealthy habits as I was heading towards a bad route. It’s been all about balance – healthy meals with the occasional treats. I’ve found a workout class that I absolutely adore and have incorporated it into my fitness routine. With all of this, it’s helped to improve my confidence. Not 100% there but am getting there. I vow to keep this up this year and am proud that I was able to do this. This was my number one highlight I thought I’d share it with you guys.
Other Good Things That Has Happened
– Travelled more and had the opportunity to properly travel with my bestie. I’ve learnt a lot about myself during these travels.
– I’ve figured out what my next step in life is going to be after being stuck in a rut for ages.
– Attended more happy, beautiful weddings and cried bucket loads at them.
– Seen old friends who I haven’t seen since high school/college and had a wonderful catchup. We’ve all grown up but nothing has changed. We’re all still a crazy bunch.
– Finally have my own domain after six and a half years and rebranded. This means working hard on SEO, and increasing my blog’s DA/PA.
– Said yes to a lot more blog events.
– Being a lot more positive.
What I’ve Learnt
– It’s OK to not post very often. Life gets in the way and doesn’t mean that we’re not dedicated to blogging.
– A social media detox is needed every now and again. It’s beautiful to not be connected to the world. Go back to basics.
– People come and go but those who stay, cherish them.
– Don’t be afraid to say no. It isn’t a bad thing.
– I don’t always have to drink on a night out to have fun. I’ve cut out drinking a lot and love waking up not feeling hungover. I drink only on special occasions.
Thing’s I Need to Improve On
– Increase social media engagement.
– Make a lot more effort with people and reply to texts/whatsapps a lot more (oops, it’s just laziness).
– Continue to step outside of my comfort zone.
– Set goals that are actually achievable rather than setting them way too high then giving up.
– Stop procrastinating tasks just because they’re tedious. Just get them done and over with.
– Worry less about the decisions I’ve made. I’ve made them for a reason.
It’s not all been rainbows and sunshines. There were some bad events that had happened however, there’s been a lot more positives than negatives. I did say that 2015 was the best year however, 2016 was the best year for me in a personal way.
So what’s next? I’ve got a really big and exciting goal to achieve in March. That’s my main focus right now and will share the wealth once it goes according to plan.
A very big happy 2017 to you all! If the first day of the new year didn’t go according to plan, just remember…
“Every day is an opportunity to have a fresh start. It doesn’t matter what happened yesterday; all that counts is today. When you wake up in the morning know that today is full of opportunities waiting to be grabbed. It is a new day, a new start. The beginning of a new life awaits you.”
Happy 7 years to my blog also!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.