Yangshuo 阳朔
Privacy policy 隐私政策

Tan = New Makeup?

19/03/2016

THE PERFECT EXCUSE

After a successful yet painful time in the US, I did manage to get a lovely glow as my manager says. I never had expected to get some colour on me but not complaining! Then realised I don’t have foundation and concealer to match a darker me which means shopping! OK, maybe not a full face but the necessities. It was very tempting though. I had to get colour matched and was matched with one shade darker but felt like it was more. Does anyone else feel that way?

These were purchased in the Atlanta airport branch on concourse F. It worked out to be slightly cheaper than the UK, hurray! I initially decided to only get the Studio Finish Concealer Duo as I rarely wear foundation these days. Those pesky dark under eye circles still need to disappear. This was also an opportunity to try out the other concealers MAC had then caved into their Burgundy Times Nine eyeshadow palette. This is where my burgundy obsession continues. Then it lead to purchasing the Velvet Teddy lipstick (not pictured) and forced myself to stop there.

I will definitely let you know how I get on with these.

Do you cave into buying new makeup when you have a tan?

33 responses to “Tan = New Makeup?”

1. Claire Cly says:

I'm quite pale and I burn out in the sun so I always wear tinted moisturizer, I love the colours in your palettes!

2. Recipes From A Pantry says:

Oh those colours look rather lush – just what my bestie has been looking for. Will send her this link.

3. Kelly S says:

I am a huge burgundy fan too! But in clothes rather than make up as I St 28 I still haven't mastered how to apply it! Lol

4. Hannah Wood says:

Love palettes like this with lots of different nice colours.

5. Mellissa Williams says:

I've actually just come back from New orleans and we flew from Atlanta. I didn't really have time to shop in the duty free this time though. I take a BB cream in a slightly darker shade to use abroad as well as my normal foundation.

6. Aymie Barton says:

I'm super pale so anything that can give me a healthy glowy look in any way is always a plus, I love this palette.

7. Mandi says:

I love Burgundy and that palette of nine looks gorgeous, I've never been a big foundation fan and prefer just a tinted moisturiser, but I wouldn't say no to a suntan at the moment!

8. Ickle Pickle says:

Love the colours – I don't wear much make up whether I have a tan or not! Kaz x

9. Fred Hawson says:

Don't know much about makeup, but I guess this would be better than sunbathing to achieve a darker skin shade for very pale people. You know how harmful excessive sunning can be for pale skin.

10. Rhian Westbury says:

I don't tend to buy new make up when I tan because I don't tend to get a lot of colour when I'm away. x

11. Stella Olojola says:

That palette looks divine. I am loving the colours.

12. Sarah-Louise Bailey says:

Ohh what some awesome looking palettes, I never get a tan these days as my skins sensitive to the sun, so can't use that excuse 🙁 x

13. PJ Zafra says:

My girl cousins and even my aunts and mom would love this post. No doubt about that. Thanks for sharing. I know a lot of women will benefit from this.

14. Nayna Kanabar says:

Beautiful colours in the palette, I am sure they will give good results.

15. Rochkirstin Santos says:

I have been wanting to try Velvet Teddy lipstick of MAC but since we don't have it here in Philippine stores, I am not sure how it will look on me. That palette looks amazing!

16. The London Mum says:

I'm so much darker with a tan, make up becomes such a pain. So yeah I have a darker set for that 😉 In the winter I find it's quite good for contouring as well lol. x

17. Jess | The Indigo Hours says:

Ooh those eyeshadows <3 So gorgeous!
    I don't tan so I never really need to buy new makeup for that reason haha 🙂

Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

18. Esha says:

He he anything for more makeup! Those palettes look great btw.

19. Tori Gabriel says:

I tan quite easily so the different colours of this palette would be really useful.

20. Leelo R says:

Those eyeshadow shades look so pretty!

21. Elizabeth O. says:

I don't wear make up often, so I've never had to buy make-up in case I have a tan. I'm glad you were able to find the perfect shade. I love the eyeshadow palette! Neutral colors are always pretty.

22. The color palette is wonderful! I prefer earth colors because they just highlight the shadows and contours of the face. Unlike the effect of bright colors on the skin.

23. Tiffany Yong W.T. says:

Hmmm… Not sure if that's the new makeup, it definitely looks good…Though if I get this palette, I will only use one or two shades of it~

24. Franc says:

I think make ups can really give you a good way to balance your shade when you have a tan. You had a good haul on your travel.

25. Tanya says:

When I have a tan, I don't wear makeup at all, apart from mascara, eyeliner and lipstick 🙂

26. Sunshine Kelly says:

Yes I do cave in buying makeup even when I have tan. But my tan is temporary it will go away after a while.

27. Suzanne says:

LOL,I love it! Getting a tan is a reason to go shopping! Great choice in a pallet though, the colours are lovely.

28. Mommy Roxi says:

The colors look great! I'm wondering if it will look good on my skin tone though.

29. RainbowDiaries Website says:

I loved this idea behind the makeup. Tan+makeup would look great.

30. John Paul Quiambao says:

i aint familiar with make ups.. although my female friends will really love your post.. i need to share this with them.. 🙂

31. Life-As-Mum says:

They're beautiful colours! I really need to get a colour as I am pretty pale!

32. Bhushavali N says:

The eyeshadow palette looks perfect. As I always say, a gal can never have too many neutral palettes… Just awesome!

33. Sophia Meola; ❤ says:

Any excuse to purchase more makeup and I am there in a flash!

Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog