Yangshuo 阳朔

Flashmob Superstar Nova Eyeliner review and swatch
Flashmob Superstar Nova Eyeliner review and swatch
Flashmob Superstar Nova Eyeliner review and swatch
Flashmob Superstar Nova Eyeliner review and swatch

Flashmob Superstar Nova Eyeliner: £10.00*

METALLIC SHIMMER

In this metallic eyeliner set, you get 5 colours: gold, pink, purple, green and blue. The gold looks more copper however it doesn’t deter me from trying it. Copper is a lovely shade. Lilac isn’t as pigmented as I had thought. It’s more subtle.

Swatched on the hands, the colours are beautiful however when used on the eyes, I didn’t find the pigmentation on the same level. I had to swipe plenty of times and add a little bit of pressure to make these visible on my eyes. They are soft and doesn’t tug the skin however the colour payoff on the eyes isn’t impressive which is unfortunate. The outer corner of the lash line was stubborn and the eyeliner didn’t last long there.

If you rub your eyes, they will rub off, leaving you with a shimmery eye area. They didn’t last long on my oily lids and water eyes. I could use the gold as an all over base eyeshadow shade over eyelid primer. Then eyeshadow on top would help set it. I would also use this set to draw on my face to festivals instead.

If you have oily eyelids or your eyes get watery easily, I wouldn’t recommend these. Pencil eyeliners as a whole are something I struggle with and doesn’t work on me. If pencils are your thing or you’re looking for something that is short term or want something you can use for fun elsewhere on the face, these would be your best bet.

Are you loving colour on the eyes?

PR sample. All views are my own.

29 responses to “Flashmob Superstar Nova Eyeliner”

1. Hannah Latoya Bond says:

Thats a shame they don't work for you as the colors look fab. I've had the same problem with some colored liners, the ones I like best are the Urban Decay ones. Have you tried using an eyeshadow primer, the one I like is NARS Smudge Proof Shadow Base x

2. Maria-Isabel Gridley says:

those are such pretty shades! Too bad they didn't work well on the eyes – thats always a bummer when liners swatch well but apply badly to the eyes! The eye is such a delicate area, we definitely dont need a product that requires lots of pressure. 🙁

3. papaleng says:

Nice shades and this one eye liner that my nieces should try.

4. Emma Delfosse says:

Those would make great festival looks because the colors are just so bright and fun! Great post 🙂
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

5. The colours look fab but am not a fan of eyeliners that you really need to apply pressure to, they should just glide. Tend to only stick to black these days but those colours are very funky!

6. Sumi Go says:

These look really good on the swatches you have on the back of your hand! Such a shame they aren't as pigmented on the eyes. 🙁 I personally have very oily lids and have stopped using pencil liners (I enjoy liquid and gel liners now), so I guess I'll give these a pass.

7. Hannah Green says:

Ooh that green is lovely. it's a shame they are as longlasting as other eyeliners. the copper looks beautiful with your eyes though. x

8. Fred Hawson says:

My wife does not use eye liners so I am not familiar with these things. But I can imagine these are more for drama during evening events.

9. Jamie Lewis says:

These shades are gorgeous. They look so beautiful. I totally think I need to try these.

10. Kitty Kaos says:

I get coloured liners with the intention to use them but I am just so addicted to big black cat eyes that I never do but you have some great looks in this post x

Miss Kitty Kaos (Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl)

11. beautyqueenuk says:

I absolutely love both shades, but wouldn't use them x

12. Anne V says:

Lovely shades, such a shame they didn't stay long on you. I personally don't do make up but I can appreciate products when they do their job haha. 🙂

13. Laura - Alagoz says:

These look stunning, too bad about the staying on power

Laura
    Pink Frenzy

14. Fernando Lachica says:

Oh..this is for ladies and lots of women used it. But this one have different colors. I'll recommend this to my brother's wife – she loves to apply these colors.

15. May Palacpac says:

It's been a while since I've played with makeup. These have really nice colors! I'm just not sure it fits me, though. It may have, back in the days when I was a whole lot bolder with fashion.

16. Tiffany Yong W.T. says:

For a moment, I thought it was the news where teens are using water colour pencils to do their eyeliner! It was so dangerous. I'm glad this is a normal one!

17. OY HZ says:

pencils and crayons or even liquid liners don't work for me 🙁 my eyelids are too oily! these might be good perhaps for a short, day event at most? or, i agree, good for drawing on face!

18. Louise Banta says:

They all look so cute! However, if it doesn't last long on you (being someone who has an oily eyelid) then I don't think it would last long with me too. But I guess it's worth having. You just have to re-apply all the time.

19. Louise Banta says:

20. Pooja Kawatra says:

I totally love the colours but somehow always just stick to black and brown. Are these pencils soft enough as some of them i find bit dryish and i dont experiment near my eyes.

21. Katrina Centeno says:

It looks good on you. Fun and colorful. It is such a shame it does not last long for oily skin. Maybe they should make a variant for that.

22. Elizabeth O. says:

These are some pretty shades. Too bad they didn't work for you. I have oily skin, too. 🙁

23. Franc says:

They have nice shade. I guess they should try to make it smudge proof so it will be better.

24. Jason P. says:

I love how cute the packaging is! It's sad though that it doesn't perform as well as you would've liked 🙁

25. Raymond Vasquez says:

Looks amazingly beautiful on the eye! I'm sure ladies are gonna love something like this. 🙂 Is this available in the Phils? My friends, might want to buy em.

26. Kelly Chin says:

I like blue and pink eyeliners. It always opened up the eyes. For daily usage I will go for black or brown.

27. lovemindanao says:

i don't know anything about how girls enhance their beauty with this …but surely i support what ever make you feel confident … 😀

28. Michelle K says:

It's a shame they don't work that well, the colours look lovely xx

29. Floral Danielle says: