Yangshuo 阳朔
Privacy policy 隐私政策

Feather Extensions, Yes or No?

17/04/2011

I first heard about this on twitter from chaigyaru I think. Can’t remember. I googled it as I didn’t know exactly what it was. Image credits: google.

You can go simple with them and make them look like highlights, or use big feathers or go crazy with them. There are many designs and colours to play with. You can easily put them into your hair yourself. You don’t need a professional to do it for you.

Kandee Johnson has made a YouTube video on how to put them on and take them off: here

I also read it on Soompi. Its already trending in the USA. I haven’t seen any here in the UK. How about the rest of the world? Have you guys seen them on anyone and would you wear them or not?

9 responses to “Feather Extensions, Yes or No?”

1. Saimese says:

Def a yes! But only if they are blended in like in the first pic.. they look hotter that way

2. Meowcake says:

I like the idea of it being a clip in hair accessory, but if they're actual extensions that are meant to be kept in for days on end, I'd think that would be ridiculous.

meowcake.blogspot.com

3. Clarissa says:

i like them! i made a thread asking about it on soompi actually and i used the same first two pics haha. Michelle Phan did a video of it as well.

4. petitechouxx says:

i like the last pic!

i didn't know it was a trend, i haven't see in canada =/ maybe later

5. Eden-Avalon says:

I have not seen them as hair extensions here in LA. Where I do see a lot of feathers are as earrings and occasionally, collars/necklaces. They look interesting to be sure!

6. libbeh says:

Bleh. At the risk of being perceived as a "Debbie Downer", I HATE this trend with a feverish passion!!!! I hate it more than those JC velour tracksuits back in the early 2000s. If I wanted to have feathers in my hair, I'd do it for free by gluing some feathers made for jewelery purchased at a craft store to my hair, and not actually pay someone to do it for me. I think it looks horrible and tacky as well!

7. Tori says:

When done right, like the girls in the first & second photos, I think it looks cute ♥ The girl in the last photo just looks a little ridiculous, idk~

8. Ro says:

Hey,

This is a big trend in the US and it will hit festivals this year in the UK in a big way.

Now there alot more to this whole thing that meets the eye…the feathers used are not just ones you can get from a craft store…..they are very special and you can't get hold of them very easily at all.

We have been putting them in for people in London and it is amazing how people fall in love with them so much.

There are plently of ways you can use these really beautiful feathers clips, jewellery and extensions. There is something really special about waking up each day with your own feathers.

Take a look at what we do http://www.featherray.com

9. Anonymous says:

get what you need to do them yourself. Check out moonlightfeather.com