Trends I’ve Never Followed #5

INSTAGRAM WHAT?

Following on from my previous Yes, I’ve Caved #5 post, let’s see what Instagram trends I didn’t follow. Most of these I haven’t seen many blog posts about, just Instagram endorsed.

Chewable hair vitamins
It really does sound intriguing but when you only see celebrities and big influencers promoting these with a positive caption, it really does make you think twice. With that mindset, I didn’t cave in this.

Body contouring
Legs, neck, arms, back, bottom, feet, stomach, basically everywhere. So much effort. It was just getting ridiculous.

Glitter roots
It looks cool for festivals but even if I did do this at festivals in the UK, it’ll most likely be raining and glitter on wet hair isn’t really a cute look.

Teeth whitening device
I’m that type who is paranoid about my teeth and am careful with what products I use. Seeing a whitening device, a lot of thoughts pop straight into mind. “Is it safe? Is it going to explode? Does it actually work?” etc. Then the thought of when I had retainers 10 years ago appeared next. I didn’t have a pleasant experience so was put off these devices instantly.

Stick on bra wing string pull thing
Yeah I have no idea what to call this. This is currently making its way round the social media. I’ve seen these types of stick on bras years ago so it’s nothing new to me therefore I’m not really wow’ed by it. There’s always an account I follow endorsing it with a video popping up on my feed on how it works and someone looking over my shoulder having a nosey at the boobs on my phone screen as I scroll past.

Were there any trends you saw and thought “nah”?

1. ana de jesus
    5th April 2017 / 8:09 pm

I am not about that body contouring either! I think it looks strange for sure x

2. Michelle / Daisybutter
    5th April 2017 / 10:13 pm

Omg body contouring is the weirdest one right?! My boyfriend and I were laughing about that the other night – what if it smudges when you hug someone, etc.?!

3. 5th April 2017 / 11:01 pm

I didn't even know about those trends, where have I been?! 🙂

4. Vivian Yuen
    6th April 2017 / 1:58 am

I'm soooo confused about hair vitamins, they seem to be everywhere but no one ever talks about what's in them!

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

~

5. Jessica McDonnell
    6th April 2017 / 7:47 am

I've never followed any of those trends either. I always seem to pick up on the trends after they are trendy!

6. Rhian Westbury
    6th April 2017 / 8:20 am

I could not use a stick on bra, I'd be too worried about it coming off x

7. Stephanie Merry
    6th April 2017 / 8:44 am

I've yet to master face contouring so wouldn't want to try body contouring just yet! x

8. Melanies Fab Finds
    6th April 2017 / 3:02 pm

lol that last one sounds either hilarious or painful. Not sure I could cope with a stick on bra.

9. Anna Nuttall
    6th April 2017 / 3:56 pm

Oh I never followed any of these trends. I feel like I'm missing out. I don't really understand contouring. xx

10. Annie B
    6th April 2017 / 8:23 pm

I chuckled at body contouring… And glitter roots! I don't get that either!

11. Baby Isabella
    7th April 2017 / 11:14 am

We've done the glitter roots before at Blissfields and a couple of raves and it did look kinda cool. It's all about the rainbow roots this year 😉 never tried body contouring…too much effort!

12. Bhushavali N
    7th April 2017 / 3:35 pm

I haven't tried any of it except Stick on Bra, but the good old, hook one not the string pull one!

13. Tanya Brannan
    8th April 2017 / 9:11 am

I have never tried any of these trends either! If I was to try one of those bra stringy things I would need one for each boob!! 😀

14. 8th April 2017 / 9:44 pm

Oh yes, I've noticed that teeth whitening on Instagram. Seems so pointless to me really ;))

15. Franc
    9th April 2017 / 1:55 pm

I haven't followed those trends too. When it comes to contouring the only sustainable one would be exercise.

16. Elizabeth O.
    10th April 2017 / 5:40 am

Trends these days are just too much. I don't really want to follow any of them anymore. I think body contouring is just another way to say that you're not happy with your body and I'm not down for that.

17. Tiffany Yong W.T.
    10th April 2017 / 9:34 am

Many people prefer the instagram, but as a blogger, I thought the instagram is slightly more toxic than FB as people are always flaunting their 101 sponsored stuff and experience. That comparison and feelings made me really tired~