TIME TO REFLECT
I’m currently looking back at my goodbye 2015 post to remember what I had written and to compare that year to 2016. Go on, have a nosey here.
Well what can I say? 2016 was a big improvement for me personally. The number one biggest improvement was getting my eating habit back to normal. No more skipping meals, no more unhealthy habits as I was heading towards a bad route. It’s been all about balance – healthy meals with the occasional treats. I’ve found a workout class that I absolutely adore and have incorporated it into my fitness routine. With all of this, it’s helped to improve my confidence. Not 100% there but am getting there. I vow to keep this up this year and am proud that I was able to do this. This was my number one highlight I thought I’d share it with you guys.
Other Good Things That Has Happened
– Travelled more and had the opportunity to properly travel with my bestie. I’ve learnt a lot about myself during these travels.
– I’ve figured out what my next step in life is going to be after being stuck in a rut for ages.
– Attended more happy, beautiful weddings and cried bucket loads at them.
– Seen old friends who I haven’t seen since high school/college and had a wonderful catchup. We’ve all grown up but nothing has changed. We’re all still a crazy bunch.
– Finally have my own domain after six and a half years and rebranded. This means working hard on SEO, and increasing my blog’s DA/PA.
– Said yes to a lot more blog events.
– Being a lot more positive.
What I’ve Learnt
– It’s OK to not post very often. Life gets in the way and doesn’t mean that we’re not dedicated to blogging.
– A social media detox is needed every now and again. It’s beautiful to not be connected to the world. Go back to basics.
– People come and go but those who stay, cherish them.
– Don’t be afraid to say no. It isn’t a bad thing.
– I don’t always have to drink on a night out to have fun. I’ve cut out drinking a lot and love waking up not feeling hungover. I drink only on special occasions.
Thing’s I Need to Improve On
– Increase social media engagement.
– Make a lot more effort with people and reply to texts/whatsapps a lot more (oops, it’s just laziness).
– Continue to step outside of my comfort zone.
– Set goals that are actually achievable rather than setting them way too high then giving up.
– Stop procrastinating tasks just because they’re tedious. Just get them done and over with.
– Worry less about the decisions I’ve made. I’ve made them for a reason.
It’s not all been rainbows and sunshines. There were some bad events that had happened however, there’s been a lot more positives than negatives. I did say that 2015 was the best year however, 2016 was the best year for me in a personal way.
So what’s next? I’ve got a really big and exciting goal to achieve in March. That’s my main focus right now and will share the wealth once it goes according to plan.
A very big happy 2017 to you all! If the first day of the new year didn’t go according to plan, just remember…
“Every day is an opportunity to have a fresh start. It doesn’t matter what happened yesterday; all that counts is today. When you wake up in the morning know that today is full of opportunities waiting to be grabbed. It is a new day, a new start. The beginning of a new life awaits you.”
Happy 7 years to my blog also!