L’Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner

L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner review

THE ANSWER FOR THICKER HAIR?

I naturally have fine and thin hair and would do anything to have thicker hair without the use of hair extensions. After reading the reviews on this on the blogs, Boots website, everywhere, I wanted to give it a try. I did have high hopes for this but now I wish I didn’t.

It is recommended that these be used together to get the best results. The shampoo lathered up lovely and cleaned my hair well. The conditioner was thick but it did leave the hair feeling soft and smooth afterwards. It’s not the best conditioner out there but it’s good enough. Both are a creamy white consistency with a nice floral scent. I’ve been testing it for a few months now and didn’t find that it made a difference to my hair. I couldn’t feel or see a difference. No poof, no fuller, thicker hair. Insert sad smiley emoji here. I want to try their hair serum just out of curiosity.

I would carry on using them until they’re empty but I unfortunately wouldn’t repurchase it.

Have you tried any good hair thickening products?

1. Claire
    1st July 2016 / 5:00 pm

A shame they didn't work for you, always disappointing when a product doesn't have the results you're after.

2. Harriet from Toby & Roo
    1st July 2016 / 5:18 pm

Oh that is such a shame! I don't try thickening products! I have such thick hair I could use thinning stuff!! I can stick a comb in and it just sits there….

3. Rhian Westbury
    1st July 2016 / 5:37 pm

I've tried these shampoos and I do like them but I don't have thin hair so I didn't need it to work for me. It's a shame that it didn't work too well for you x

4. Poorva
    1st July 2016 / 8:45 pm

nice review! sounds disappointing! i tried a range recently that works good for thin hair by philip kingsley.

5. 1st July 2016 / 8:52 pm

Well it was worth a shot. I wish I could thicken up my hair too.

6. Ordinality
    1st July 2016 / 11:06 pm

I find the L'oreal Elvive hair products are so stuffed full of silicones that they might give you an immediate, temporary effect of some sleekness & fullness, but it won't keep..

I've converted to HASK products for sleekness & absolutely love Bumble & Bumble for volumising products!

7. Cattitude & Co.
    2nd July 2016 / 11:22 am

This sounds great! I use Mane 'n' Tail + swear by it! xo

8. beautyqueenuk
    2nd July 2016 / 1:01 pm

I didnt like these either, I found they left my hair feeling greasy x

9. Sarah-Louise Bailey
    2nd July 2016 / 7:43 pm

Oh what a shame it didn't work well for you :(. I have to admit I'm not sure I've ever seen a thickening shampoo that actually does what it says. x

10. Hannah Heartss
    2nd July 2016 / 8:58 pm

Such a shame you didn't like them, my mum loves these products!

11. Georgia C
    2nd July 2016 / 9:00 pm

Is such a shame when a shampoo and conditioner doesn't deliver on promise, have you tried any of the Aussie thickening products? After I had my daughter my hair thickness dramatically reduced so until it repaired itself I used Aussie products and it did wonders for my limp lack lustre locks!!

• nicolyl
      5th July 2016 / 1:30 pm

ah ii'll give that range a try 🙂 thank you!

12. Emily Underworld
    3rd July 2016 / 5:21 am

It's a shame that they didn't work well, I find that natural shampoos without sulfates etc are the best!
    – Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk

13. Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes
    3rd July 2016 / 2:21 pm

I've never seen these before, sorry they didn't have the effect you wanted.

14. Zoë IKIWN
    3rd July 2016 / 3:10 pm

It's such a shame this didn't work for you, I've seen really good write ups for it and some even calling it their HG hair product. I have thick hair already so I'm so sorry I don't have any good recommendations for you, but I really hope you find your HG product too! X

15. ana de jesus
    3rd July 2016 / 8:27 pm

I have very thick hair, its a shame that it didn't work out for you ,like Zoe I was quite surprised as my friend swears by it!

16. Candice Nikeia
    3rd July 2016 / 8:34 pm

I really need to try this! Hair Infinity vitamins are really good for thicker hair growth!!

xoxo, Candice

17. Sally Akins
    4th July 2016 / 7:54 am

I tried this shampoo and had the same experience as you – I think it was actually too heavy for my hair, definitely didn't make it look any thicker

18. Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche
    5th July 2016 / 3:23 pm

I find that most shampoos have no effect on my hair – it's the same whatever kind I use. Shame really!

19. Laura - Alagoz
    6th July 2016 / 10:35 am

L'Oreal hair product always make my hair feel good and look nice x

Laura