Trends I’ve Never Followed #4

I DIDN’T FOLLOW WHAT?

It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these so let’s get straight into it. A great post to start May off!

Kylie Cosmetics – Kylie Jenner’s own cosmetics line. I really don’t know why I never was excited about it and it still doesn’t appeal to me. Maybe because of the shade choice. It just doesn’t shout out to me. Also, the whole Jenner/Kardashian thing right now, I couldn’t care less about them. That’s probably why.

Velour tracksuits – I remember this trend was popular when I was around 15. Wherever I looked, someone had the matching tracksuit in either pink or brown as those two were the popular shades. Everyone wanted the Juicy Couture version or a set where there were rhinestones. It did look tacky and glad I disliked it. The look of them reminded me of velvet and I hate the feel of velvet. Glad this trend had died and I never wanted one.

Strobing – Those who doesn’t what strobing is, it’s just highlighting the face, the opposite of contouring. Since it came into light around last year, I definitely didn’t want to try it. I rarely highlight my face (more like never). Being the very oily gal type, I always prefer the matte look. Anything dewy or any shine on my face has always been a no go and I must powder the heck out of my face to get rid of the shine. With a stubborn mind frame, I will always believe that I will look like an oil slick. I’m definitely sticking with contouring only.

Ombre hair – I’ve seen ombre hair everywhere. Some good, some OK, some done very badly. I never caught on to wanting this as I am quite low maintenance when it comes to hair. With naturally dark hair, having the perfect blonde shade would mean I would have to maintain it to prevent it turning ginger etc. I don’t have time for that stuff. I do admit that Guy Tang creates the most beautiful ombre hair I have ever seen on his clients. I just want him to style my hair for the rest of my life. Can always dream.

Camel coats – I know that it will definitely not suit me even though I’ve never tried any on. I do like how people have styled it but I know I will never be able to pull it off.

Did you follow any of these trends?

1. 2nd May 2016 / 10:37 pm

I love that we can do or not do whatever we choose! Trust me I have made some horrid choices in the 80's (big hair, permed, leather and metal) yep I'm old but if it feels right to me, then I go ahead and have a blast!

2. 2nd May 2016 / 10:52 pm

Definitely with you on the Kardashians – I couldn't care less and I really don't get the Kylie lip kits… I love highlighter though, even though my skin is super oily – I use a cream highlight & powder over it so I still get the glow but my skin is still matte 🙂

Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

3. 2nd May 2016 / 11:02 pm

Didn't follow any of these trends, but then I don't tend to go with trends at all these days. I do like ombre hair that is done well though.

4. 2nd May 2016 / 11:17 pm

I'm with you on all of these except ombré – I have quite light hair so I asked my hairdresser if I could try a reverse ombré with dark tips. She refused and just piled some blonde on. You couldn't even see the difference, and I forked out all that money 🙁 Stephanie x

5. 3rd May 2016 / 12:12 am

I have to admit I have done absolutely none of those trends myself either. I'm so untrendy 😉 lol x

6. 3rd May 2016 / 9:44 am

I don't follow any of those trends and I don't even really know what strobing is. I can't even contour so I am well behind! haha x

7. 3rd May 2016 / 1:13 pm

I have never followed these trends I just stick to what is comfy for me.

8. 3rd May 2016 / 5:02 pm

I never got into Kylie Jenner's stuff – no reason why but I can't be fighting over products to get my hands on them. I'm lazy I just want to walk into Boots, pick it up and not feel that I have to buy it now or its never.

9. 3rd May 2016 / 5:34 pm

Oh I do love a good trend! But I tend to only follow them if they suit my life and lifestyle. I've gone lighter in the hair recently but only because I have very dark hair, and now with far too many greys to deal with my best bet is to go lighter and try and blend the greys in. Trying to sty dark is impossible, the greys come back far too quickly!

10. 3rd May 2016 / 5:37 pm

I was and still not excited about Kylie's range. Didn't even blog about it.

11. 3rd May 2016 / 6:59 pm

I have never intentionally followed the ombre look but inadvertently because my hair is naturally ombre! I have no idea why, but it is practically blond on the end and VERY dark on top. H x

12. 3rd May 2016 / 7:16 pm

The Kylie Jenner lipsticks didn't really interest me either – not for the price anyway! I had ombre hair and it is hard to keep on top of!

13. 3rd May 2016 / 8:20 pm

I'm with you and also haven't followed any of these trends!

14. 3rd May 2016 / 8:44 pm

I have followed exactly none of these trends too lol! I feel like the Kylie lipkit is overhyped and velour just makes me shudder lol.

15. 3rd May 2016 / 9:13 pm

I can say no to the tracksuit and kylie cosmetics! I would like a camel coat but don't own one. And highlighting is my thing I love a good highlight (I dislike the term strobing to be honest!)

16. 3rd May 2016 / 9:14 pm

I've never tried strobing or highlighting come to think of it.

17. 3rd May 2016 / 9:41 pm

I hear Kylie Jenner's make-up brushes in her lip gloss were all faulty so just as well you never got on that band wagon!

18. 3rd May 2016 / 9:44 pm

I started hearing about strobing only recently. I think that's something that is still picking up steam.

19. 4th May 2016 / 5:29 am

I didn't even know any of these were trends, that's how disconnected I am from such things like!

20. 4th May 2016 / 10:43 am

I don't understand the obsession with Kardashians or their make up lines either! I do have ombre hair though – that I love!

21. 4th May 2016 / 12:33 pm

I hated velour tracksuits so much! There was always a certain type of person in my area that wore them if you get what I mean! I only ever wore velour pants to dance lessons or to lounge in at home, but I never had anything matching and I would never go out in them!

22. 4th May 2016 / 3:47 pm

I am ticking all those boxes as well, I cant even stand the feel of velour on my skin x

23. 4th May 2016 / 5:11 pm

I'm glad to say I avoided all these trends too and I'm so with you on the Kardashians!

24. 4th May 2016 / 7:29 pm

I love this post – How refreshing to find someone who follows their own path! I've never tried Ombre hair but admit I would have liked to if I was not allergic to hair dye.

25. 6th May 2016 / 9:06 am

I hate the whole idea of the Kardashians' fame, so I never understood Kylie's make up line either. I don't get why these people are famous!! I do love ombre hair though.

26. 11th May 2016 / 10:25 pm

I have ombre hair, fairly accidentally, and I have a velour tracksuit-which I literally wear to sleep in when it's freezing cold and I bought in the sale.