Recreating Teenage Me

DO YOU NEED A FACE WITH THAT EYELINER?

I saw Lily Melrose doing this tag on her Youtube channel and this made me want to do it on my blog. So I had created my look from my teenage years. I never went through a scene, punk, emo phase. It was more the whole ulzzang look, with the big eyes, the whole dolly look. Eyebrows and concealer didn’t exist in my routine. I remember looking for the perfect pink blusher and pink lipstick to complete my look but no luck. I can’t believe I wore so much eyeliner, covering my whole upper eyelid with black whilst emphasising the inner eye with white eyeliner. It was so thick that you couldn’t see the false lashes.

I even still remember the exact products used back then. GOSH extreme art liner was my HG eyeliner of all time but sadly this has been discontinued for years now. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo for that highlight. I’m still using the same foundation still but had slathered it on with my hands back then. Bourjois blushers were the big ones at the time too.

Being obsessed with the fascination of big eyes from around 16, that’s when makeup came into my life. When it came to fashion, over the knee socks with skirts, shorts or dresses were the one. This phase had lasted until the end of the first semester of my first year at university. Glad I’ve came to my senses to do it better.

Did you go through any phases as a teenager?

1. Elizabeth O.
    17th April 2016 / 5:03 am

I think we all went through a style phase during our teens that was very in, and it's all so funny when you think about those years. It was quite fun though, trying to express yourself through the way you look.

2. 17th April 2016 / 8:18 am

I went through the emo phase. I didn't really wear makeup. I just had the messy hair look and the haggard face from all the sweat from the heat. Yup. Teenage years were good times… good times…

3. 17th April 2016 / 9:12 am

I didn't go through the emo phase. We weren't allowed to wear make-up in school. The length of our skirts had to be the same, lol. So you could pretty much guess what it was like when I was a teenager. I was a cheerdancer though, practically all my life – dunno if that could be considered as a teenage phase.

4. 17th April 2016 / 12:57 pm

I think all teenagers go through a phase, whether it be emo, punk or fashion. It's so amazing that you were able to recreate your teenage years look.

5. 17th April 2016 / 2:44 pm

I went through a phase when blue eyeshadow was popular! What was I thinking?

6. 17th April 2016 / 3:44 pm

I went through an Emo/goth phase when I was younger and wore black lipstick and heavy black eyeliner. I still like some of the music, but toned my makeup down!

7. 17th April 2016 / 3:52 pm

I've always had a strong eyeliner style. Never to that extent though.haha. might have to try it and see what it's like x

8. 17th April 2016 / 3:52 pm

9. 17th April 2016 / 4:24 pm

I just stuck with lip gloss and powder when I was in my early teens. Then there was the blush-on and the eye shadow, but I stayed with the earthy, natural colors that you wouldn't even think I'm wearing make up. It was more to emphasize the contours of my face, but that was it. I didn't use eyeliners much until I was already a career woman.

10. 17th April 2016 / 4:54 pm

I forgot about the white liner on the inside. My daughter did that for awhile.

11. 17th April 2016 / 6:43 pm

Interesting! My teenage, the only bit of makeup I had wasn't even makeup. All I had was a lip balm! Oh yeah, I also had the Kohl that I wore on my water line.

12. 17th April 2016 / 7:12 pm

Nice! My teenage years was also about punk, emo, black eyeliner look. Your look is so nostalgic!

13. 17th April 2016 / 8:01 pm

I was never big on makeup as a teenager. I was a tomboy and ran around in jeans and tees. I still do actually and even now don't wear much makeup. 🙂

14. 17th April 2016 / 8:42 pm

Yes I had so many phases and still continue to do so because fashion and make up are naturally progressive but at the same time will always come full circle!

15. 17th April 2016 / 9:17 pm

As a teenager I loved bold eyeshadow and the reddest lipstick I could find. I still love red lipstick and never leave the house without lipstick but not eyeshadow

16. 17th April 2016 / 10:17 pm

Waoooo. Remembering of those days, hmmmmmm, you see think back and laugh because of some childish attitude you have participated in

17. 17th April 2016 / 11:02 pm

Reminiscing now about teenage days makes me smile with ease. I believe the ladies will concur to such feelings of adventures, experimenting and exploring.

18. 17th April 2016 / 11:30 pm

Great post. I found it interesting. I went through so many phrases and still going through phrases.

19. 18th April 2016 / 4:44 am

I didn't try wearing makeup at all when we were teens. We were only too focused on studies and followed instructions from parents.

20. 18th April 2016 / 11:09 am

Haha I remember that look and I too went through that phase. Urban Decay Glide On eyeliner is amazing though! Even the 99cent Wet n Wild eyeliner did the trick haha

21. 18th April 2016 / 11:54 am

I was very grungy with heavy black eyeliner, still can't do without eye liner to be honest.

22. 18th April 2016 / 1:54 pm

Well, you still look like a teen ager now. You have really pretty eyes, which is highlighted by the eyeliner.

23. 18th April 2016 / 2:52 pm

Looking like a teenager is not only dependent on makeup. A lot more depends on your swagger and attitude.

24. 19th April 2016 / 3:08 pm

I think its interesting to look back and recreate our teenage look. I am going to try that too.

25. 19th April 2016 / 7:57 pm

I started wearing make-up in college – so no teenage beauty products. maybe a little bit of a black eyeliner – only in the last year of high school. Interesting idea though!

26. 19th April 2016 / 7:58 pm

You look nice and like a teenager. Somehow I have never managed to apply eye-liner like a pro.

27. 20th April 2016 / 3:12 am

OMG! I went through the same thing!!! I had little knowledge of makeup, and eyeliners were my best bet at changing up my look. haha.

28. 20th April 2016 / 8:31 am

I used a lot of black eyeliner around my eyes. It is nota a look I would like to redo lol

Laura
    Pink Frenzy

29. 20th April 2016 / 9:55 am

Haha I love this idea! I definitely was up there with the emo kids, way too much black eyeliner and a fringe covering 3/4 of my face 😀

Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

30. 20th June 2016 / 3:10 pm

I love this and I think in part I am still a tad emo ha x