Dresses for Graduation

123456;

12345; 6;

THROW YOUR HATS IN THE AIR

It’s that time of year again where the final years will be shopping looking for that perfect graduation dress. Some universities will be strict when it comes to the dress code whilst others are a lot more relaxed. The colour of the graduation robe/gown will differ with each university and degree. I remember exactly what I had wore for my graduation years ago – white shirt and black pencil skirt; both from New Look.

Whites, blacks, greys are perfect to wear regardless whether it’s a dress or not. If you want colour, I would suggest muted shades rather than the brights. Dresses that are too revealing, too short are a big no no. You want to be comfortable for the whole day and not pulling the dress down. You want to look smart but not too formal. I would say PG13 as there will be a lot of families around and you will definitely have your photos taken by everyone. If you do decide on wearing a dress, I would suggest in bringing a safety pin along with you to pin the gown onto your dress at the front as it will keep it secure.

What other dresses would you recommend for graduation?

1. Sarah Willoughby
    9th June 2015 / 10:30 pm

I wish I went to uni and could recommend something 🙁 Either way I would so wear that navy blue dress, second from left 🙂

2. Leesha Starr
    9th June 2015 / 10:44 pm

Lovely dresses, my graduation is in a year and I'm already looking for dresses, I'm so excited to get looking. Thanks for sharing some ideas.

3. Angeline Lee
    10th June 2015 / 3:19 am

I personally prefer black dresses for graduation! So pretty!

4. Hannah Green
    10th June 2015 / 9:26 am

I do wore a white top and a black pencil skirt. I would definitely recommend something plain so your gown stands out. This is a great post to give people ideas. x

5. Revenian Serenalexia
    10th June 2015 / 10:35 am

Well, in Indonesia, the graduation party always involves the traditional dress: Kebaya. But thanks or sharing the ideas.. 🙂

GigLove,
    FiaRevenian

6. Don't Cramp My Style
    10th June 2015 / 11:16 pm

The 3rd (blue) on picture looks exactly like what I wore on my graduation and hey! I got Dean's award!

Anna, Don't Cramp My Style

7. beautyqueenuk
    11th June 2015 / 10:23 am

2 and 6 on the bottom row caught my eye x

8. Popiah C
    13th June 2015 / 4:08 pm

love most of the dresses you have picked out! but I would prefer swing dress more than those shift dress as they look too office-ish and graduates will have plenty of chances wearing them in the future!

9. Laura - Alagoz
    14th June 2015 / 1:26 pm

There is so many great picks here <3 my favorite is 5 from the second row x

Laura
    Pink Frenzy

10. Ellie Dickinson
    14th June 2015 / 1:59 pm

lots of lovely choices! i like more fitted versions x

11. Yun Yuwa
    14th June 2015 / 5:09 pm

im lucky i dont have dress code for graduation ^^ hehe 😀

12. 14th June 2015 / 5:22 pm

Your tips are on point. Bright colors and especially too revealing dresses are a big no.

13. ♥Sarah♥
    15th June 2015 / 2:43 am

Those are some great choices for graduation! Formal but still comfortable =)

14. Kylie wenn
    15th June 2015 / 4:06 am

Lovely attire for graduation outfit!~Looks great, classy, formal and nice to wear on!~ Happy convo!~

15. Fatemah Sajwani
    15th June 2015 / 6:45 am

this is a really helpful post as i'll be graduating soon. Thanks love. <3

16. Isabella Wong
    15th June 2015 / 8:04 am

All these dresses are fab choices, if it's a summer graduation, I think white looks amazing, especially if your gown is a dark colour. But anything that makes you feel good and a way to celebrate an amazing achievement is the best choice to make. Oh and also sensible shoes, you've don't want to fall over while walking across the stage haha x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

17. Michelle K
    15th June 2015 / 8:29 am

Personally I'd pick something a bit longer (but I like to cover my legs) these all look lovely though xx

18. Khushboo Motihar
    15th June 2015 / 2:16 pm

I personally went traditional for my graduation and wore a sari. The dresses look lovely as well 🙂

19. Mia Foo
    15th June 2015 / 2:32 pm

i wore white collar shirt with pencil skirt too! i mean, the gown covers most of our body except the collar and from mid shin downwards, so i didn't think we really need to dress up underneath, since we'll definitely be taking photos with the graduation gown on.

20. Tamanna Islam
    15th June 2015 / 4:54 pm

you definitely picked some perfect pieces for grad ceremony! to me black is always more perfect 🙂

do drop by… GreenStory
    Join me on Facebook

21. iCynosure Blog
    15th June 2015 / 5:39 pm

All these dresses are lovely. I would love to flaunt them everywhere why only graduation.
    – Heena, http://www.icynosure.in

22. Kristina Maggiora
    15th June 2015 / 9:59 pm

Lovely selection 🙂 I would personally go for the first black one or white one 🙂

Creepers & Cupcakes

23. Autumn
    15th June 2015 / 11:36 pm

Those are all good choices! I went with a dark color to go with my black gown. But I saw a few girls with bright colors and it still looked fab!

24. Chaicy Style A Pastiche
    16th June 2015 / 5:11 am

I wish I had finished my Uni in the last 5 years !! The options that you'd get to wear lovely dresses for Graduation Day are much more than what it used to be back then! I'd totally pick White and pastels over Black!

New Post – Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

25. Maria Clara Novita Kusumahati
    16th June 2015 / 5:58 am

this is very great for graduation form.
    but i prefer with the full color instead of black. 😀

26. jessica ie
    16th June 2015 / 11:13 pm

The dresses look so beautiful 😀
    I prefer the simple one with some open skin design 😀

Thanks for sharing XD My graduation has passed anw xD