My Work Makeup Look

Work Makeup Look

THE 9-5 LOOK

A 9-5 job, well in my case, 9-5.30 Monday-Friday. I have the tendency to sleep and wake up late. There are those odd nights where I sleep early but still wake up late because I have a lie in and keep pressing snooze. I prefer having more sleep than to wake up early to get ready. Who wouldn’t?

I work in an office and don’t see clients face to face. In my opinion, I’m at work to work, not to impress anyone at the office therefore limiting to how much makeup is plastered. I stare at my work Macbook and monitor all day therefore colour contacts are not worn as they will dry my eyes out more.

Monday to Friday, my makeup routine consists of concealing the under eye circles and around the mouth, fill in my eyebrows then line my upper lids and add falsies then lip balm, and off to work I go. There are the odd times where I just wear concealer under the eyes because I’ve woken up too late especially after a night out therefore having to rush. Everyone at work has seen me without makeup and at my rough state too, complimenting me saying how rough I look. There are also times where I wear a little bit more makeup and dress a lot nicer because I have events to go to after work or am heading off somewhere. I always get asked where I’m off to, looking overdressed and way out of place!

I have noticed that my skin has improved a lot since I’m not clogging up my skin all the time, giving it room to breathe. Who wouldn’t want better skin? In the above photo, I have uneven skin tone (I’m still sporting a tanned nose), blackheads, spots, oily skin. Without concealer, my under eye circles are in your face which you cannot see here. I’m like any other person out there, I have imperfections. No one is perfect. I don’t photoshop myself in photos as I’ve got nothing to hide and am comfortable with my skin. If you ever bump into me in Leeds especially during my lunch break or after work, I will look like this. I don’t want to be known as the blogger who looks different in person due to over photoshopping photos. The most I do is brighten the photo up. No slimming onr concealing.

After all these years of wearing makeup, I have finally learnt that less is more. Going out at night is a different story, no?

What’s your work makeup routine?

1. 19th August 2014 / 11:48 pm

You are such a beautiful girl, you hardly need make-up. I certainly need it more than you, but prefer just a touch in the week too.

#UKBloggers

2. 20th August 2014 / 8:05 am

You're gorgeous, and I'm super jealous of your hair too! I tend to go for light make up during the day, I like a bit of mascara and a thin layer of the Porefessional to hide my pores, and a little bit of blusher. I guess it's what you feel comfortable with, I know that I wear more make up if I'm having a breakout just to make myself feel a bit happier!

3. 20th August 2014 / 10:13 am

You have such beautiful clear skin. I would say that you wouldn't need any make up at all.

4. 20th August 2014 / 10:26 am

I do pretty much the same minus the falsies, that would take me hours!!(i'm terrible at it :p ) Simple is the way to go!!!
    xo
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

5. 20th August 2014 / 3:48 pm

You look gorgeous and trust me.. you don't need any photoshopping πŸ™‚ It is really cool that you wear falsies to work.. I wore it only once and it was a disaster. πŸ˜› giglove

6. 20th August 2014 / 4:39 pm

I tend to just use BB cream, blush, mascara and my eyebrow palette when I have work. Or omit all makeup if I am really tired. I feel like working is a waste of good makeup!

India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

7. 21st August 2014 / 4:20 am

This is how a makeup look should be. I found some are wearing a clubbing look to work. o.0 giglove

8. 21st August 2014 / 11:11 am

You already have a beautiful skin. As for me, I need a full make up from prime to eyeshadow and lipstick, unless I'll have a walking dead face. LOL, just kidding. But really, I need that make up for everyday use.

~GigLove http://www.revenian.com

9. 21st August 2014 / 6:15 pm

Simple but pretty! Thankfully where I work they don't mind at all whether you go in bare faced or glammed up, but most of the time I keep my makeup simple too, especially on days where I'm only working a few hours or less.

10. 21st August 2014 / 7:10 pm

Actually it looks simple yet so cute and natural! πŸ˜€
    Maybe you could make the lip color a bit bolder πŸ˜€
    Thanks for sharing ^^

VISIT MY BLOG<3

11. 24th August 2014 / 4:59 am

my work make up is to just conceal and apply cc cream. that's all. hahaha! if i have good skin, i might just skip make up totally.
    giglove

12. 25th August 2014 / 8:57 am

Simple yet gorgeous! I wish I have good skin condition like yours so I can apply minimal makeup too ><

13. 25th August 2014 / 11:07 am

the foundation that you choose is so natural..
    and also the eye looks makeup is not heavy for work πŸ™‚

14. 25th August 2014 / 1:59 pm

You're gorgeous! Really loving this simple foundation look! That's my go to during the work week as well.

15. 25th August 2014 / 3:03 pm

hahhaha most of the time I dont put on makeup to work because 90% of the time no one is around my office and like you I am just facing my laptop!unless if I am testing on product I might wear the makeup else I would skip and put on makeup during event…depend on event sometime if i am lazy I put vy little and night outing i will def put on dramatic look!

16. 25th August 2014 / 3:59 pm

Your work makeup look is superb. I love how fresh and naturally you ook with your falsies!

17. 26th August 2014 / 11:10 am

if i don't have redness around my cheek and annoying acne scars, i would skip foundation and stick with powder, but i do need foundation *sigh
    i love your makeup look, it's effortless but beautiful

18. 27th August 2014 / 6:00 am

You are such a cutie! My makeup routine varies on how much time I have but I usually cleanse and then put some tinted moisturizer with SPF. Then a little blush and mascara and I'm out the door! <3GIGLove

19. 31st August 2014 / 12:33 am