YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Lip in 26 Violine Surrealiste

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Lip in 26 Violine Surrealiste review and swatch

SURREAL PURPLE

First of all, thank you mother for purchasing this me ages ago! I got a little over excited mainly because of the packaging. Who doesn’t? Finally reviewing this and the first thing I had noticed is the shade. Looking at it, it is a purple, violet shade with a magenta, fuchsia undertone. It isn’t too bright nor dark, this is definitely a summer shade!

One swipe on the lips and it gives the lips a lovely, very noticeable saturation of colour, not even a sheer pigmentation, leaving a great shine adding dimension to the lips. The shine will fade over time as you would expect with lipglosses. This is definitely buildable to increase opaqueness bt I find one swipe is enough. It is brighter on the lips than on my hands and in the packaging. Blotting will leave the lips a stain of colour.

I thought the consistency was unique, quite watery, something I haven’t experienced before. It felt weird since this was a first time experience but the liquid feeling disappears and doesn’t become sticky as you’d get with many lipglosses unless you blot then it is sticky. Feels like gel after the water gimmick fades. I can definitely feel that this is a high quality product as compared to drugstore products. It doesn’t settle into the lines, bleed, emphasise any dry patches or even drying! It seemed to have held up well whilst I ate and drank. A top is needed once during the day and possibly again during the night if I’m out with colleagues straight after work.

The wand is very easy to use and the shape is perfect allowing me to easily define my lip shape. The scent slightly gives me a headache sometimes. A floral scent which is very artificial. Not really my cup of tea but it doesn’t stop me using it. Tastes weird too (not directly of course). I love this shade and definitely need to try out more of their other shades. I do hope their other shades are worth Β£25 each.

Have you tried any of YSL’s Glossy Stains?

1. 2nd July 2014 / 1:50 am

It looked a bit scary at first but it looks really nice and wearable on you. Btw, you look adorable with that floral crown!

Sheri | Behind The Frames

2. 2nd July 2014 / 5:34 am

I thought maybe it came out too much as looked like one that would leak in the bag but since no mention of that I assume not which is good for me as I am on the hunt. I do love the colour and pigmentation though as that's what I usually look for.

3. 2nd July 2014 / 5:51 am

I thought the colour would be so much louder, but it looks very subtle and pretty on you.

4. 2nd July 2014 / 7:43 am

That colour is divine! Although a lot moe subtle than I thought it would be looking at it xx

5. 2nd July 2014 / 8:53 am

brighter than I thought it would be! Love glosses and very tempting for me to switch in the summer but I just can't let go to my love of a good matt lipstick!

6. 2nd July 2014 / 7:32 pm

I love glossy stains ^_^ They have to be one of my favorite lip products:)

7. 4th July 2014 / 6:24 pm

I've wanted to try this, and this exact shade, for the longest time! I'd totally wear it everyday if I had it. It looks really lovely on you too!

8. 5th July 2014 / 9:10 pm

You look lovely. The purple shade is very cool so suits your skin tone. Love your floral crown!

9. 6th July 2014 / 5:05 am

I adore YSL beauty products. They have some great colors and I love how this looks on you, so flattering and fun! <3 GIGLove

10. 6th July 2014 / 6:34 am

I agree, the packaging is really nice. This shade surprisingly looks good on you! I thought it would turn out really purple like the swatch on your hand. Might give this a try too! πŸ˜€

11. 7th July 2014 / 1:37 pm

Everybody seems to be raving about the packaging and I completely agree. It is beautiful. The shade looks gorgeous on you. Lots of GIG love πŸ™‚

12. 7th July 2014 / 1:50 pm

You should try their new YSL Baby Doll series. It is even better than the glossy stain.

13. 7th July 2014 / 3:16 pm

I thought the colour will turn out to be weird but it's kinda natural on you! Gotta try out YSL lipstick series soon! πŸ˜€

14. 7th July 2014 / 3:51 pm

Woww amazing result ,looks good on you ,the swatch is more purple but when you wear it its a nice warm pink color ,should try this

15. 7th July 2014 / 4:06 pm

mmmm i just bought this but have not try them yet…love to try them one day..heheheh!!

16. 7th July 2014 / 4:36 pm

finally i can load your pictures! so glad to see your pretty pic now. πŸ™‚ never tried ysl products and dont think i'll ever will. they're too pricey for me.
    but i do like that colour of the lipstain and they're really pigmented!
    giglove

17. 7th July 2014 / 5:47 pm

I freaking love YSL products <3 their lip products are an absolute love and it looks amazing on you x

18. 7th July 2014 / 6:10 pm

I like the fact that it doesn't become sticky… I hate sticky lip glosses

19. 8th July 2014 / 5:48 am

I've yet to try YSL, but this color is gorgeous and an absolute must have!