EASY AS 1, 2, 3
Whenever the word festival is mentioned, bright colours, rhinestones, floral, boho comes straight to mind for both fashion and makeup. Boohoo had contacted me to created a festival makeup look and thought it’d be fun to get involved! As I was clearing and organising my makeup drawers, I had found paper eyelashes and thought this would be great for a festival look as I haven’t seen one with this idea before. This look is great for those who want the natural yet different eye makeup look. An absolute simple and easy look to recreate. Just hope that it doesn’t rain!
1. Apply your primer, foundation, concealer, powder for a smooth base. Fill in your eyebrows.
2. Apply a nude brown shimmer to the entire lid then apply a darker shimmery brown at the outer third of the eye and blend. You can use matte eyeshadows if you prefer.
3. Line the upper lashes with a black eyeliner. Curl lashes and apply mascara.
4. Cut your favourite eyelashes in half. Apply glue to the inner lash half, wait until it’s tacky then stick it to the inner part of the lash line.
5.Carefully trim the paper lashes in half and decide which half you want to stick on the upper and lower lashes. Apply the glue to the lash half you want to stick on the upper eyelid. Once tacky, stick this onto the outer corner.
6. Lightly line the lower lash with a brown eyeliner or eyeshadow from the outer corner to two thirds in.
7. Apply the glue to the other half of the paper lash line and stick this onto the outer third of the bottom lash line.
8. Apply a bronzer to the hollows of the cheeks and along the jawline with a light hand then a peachy nude blusher to the apples of your cheeks.
9. Apply a violet or fuchsia lip stain.
Products I had used:
Urban Decay De Slick Oil Setting Spray
Revlon Colourstay Liquid Foundation in Sand Beige
MAC Prolong Concealer in NW20
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
Revlon Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel
MUA Professional Eyeshadow Palette in Heaven & Earth
MAC Liquidlast Eyeliner
Mink False Eyelashes
Born to Pretty Paper Eyelashes
Sleek Face Form in Light
Bourjois Cream Blush in Nude Velvet
YSL Glossy Stain in #26 Violine Surrealiste
Don’t forget to add a floral headband! A bit cliche?