Makeup Products Recommended for Oily Skin

Makeup Products Recommended for Oily Skin

BEAT THE OILS

Don’t we all despise oily skin and everything it brings along?! Those who don’t have oily skin, I am jealous. It literally is a trial and error process when finding the right products regardless of oily skin. Here are my favourite makeup products to combat the oils and hopefully help you somehow.

Bioderma Sebium AKN Purifying Corrective Care: I actually use this as a primer rather than a moisturiser. This worked great along with the Bioderma Sebium Purifying and Foaming Gel however the two together eventually dried my skin out. I use this after cleansing my skin and it keeps the oils at bay for the whole day even when I’m not wearing makeup. Full review here.

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray: After experimenting this with different techniques, using a brush with this before makeup is applied had given me better results. May be I should do a tutorial on how to use this with different techniques anyone is interested? Full review here.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer: I will be doing a review on this very soon! I actually bought this for my oily eye area and this is the only concealer that didn’t make my eyeliner smudge and lasted all day. A little goes a long way. Some use this as a foundation due its high coverage however I just use it as a concealer. I may have to try it out as a foundation and let you know the results. Those who have oily eyelids and eyeliner always smudges, this is a must!

MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: I have raved about this product recently and this is the best powder to set foundation and control oil. You can read the full review here. Saves me from repeating everything and making this a long post.

Are there any makeup products you recommend for oily skin?

1. Vivian Yuen
    3rd February 2014 / 9:48 pm

Effaclar duo has helped control my oily skin so much, the new Benefit porefessional powder is also amazing for keeping oil at bay for a few hours!

LIVE.IN.LOVE

~

2. Linda Murphy
    3rd February 2014 / 9:51 pm

Love the Urban Decay Setting Sprays – I use all nighter and it's amazing! x

3. 3rd February 2014 / 9:54 pm

hi thanks for reccomending the products I have oily skin as well so will surely try the above

4. SheerBeauty (Kayla)
    3rd February 2014 / 10:43 pm

Great post, I have oily skin so I might give some of these a try 🙂

Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

5. Jade | The Jade Aesthetic
    3rd February 2014 / 11:04 pm

I just picked up Babyskin primer and Rimmel stay matte liquid mousse foundation today, hoping it will be a good solution for my oily i-zone. YES, my forehead is dry, my cheeks are dry, between my eyes are dry and only my nose is oily!! I think I've got the most awkward kind of combination skin there is. So you use De-Slick as a primer? I'd be interested in a tutorial!

Jade | The Jade Aesthetic

6. Shasha
    4th February 2014 / 2:04 am

wow thanks for sharing, I have oily skin too so this is really help..<3

7. August Art
    4th February 2014 / 1:03 pm

As someone who is always consistently fighting with my oily skin I'll definitely agree with you on the MAC translucent powder. The skin base visage from that range is also worth trying.
    I think I'll try the concealer as my current concealer (also from MAC) leaves my eyelids oily after a while.
    I used the tester of the urban decay spray and didn't like it. My face still looked oily. Maybe I used it wrong.

Great post!

nailartiste.blogspot.co.uk

x x

8. Hollie
    4th February 2014 / 2:39 pm

Now I'm curious how the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent finishing powder compares to my fave Mary Kay Translucent Powder. hehe
    Random Beauty by Hollie

9. Nia Everal
    5th February 2014 / 1:55 pm

I have super oily skin so this post was made for me lol. I tried the UD De-Slick and unfortunately I felt like it made no difference at all. I want to try the MAC Prep & Prime but I have so many pressed and loose powders hanging about. I really like the Too Faced Primed and Poreless one however. I wanted to try the Pro Long Wear concealer but I was put off by the supposed pump issues. I picke up t he NARS Radiant Creamy which I LOVE! Try it out stays on and is lovely and brightening!

themakeupkit.com

10. Nella P
    6th February 2014 / 4:05 pm

nice recommendations. I don't use high end makeup for everyday basis. but the post is really great since I have oily skin too.

GIG Love

11. Cheryl Zamora
    7th February 2014 / 12:49 am

Great products. Perfect recommendation. We all get jealous to those who don't have oily skin, don't we? Hahahaha

12. Smallnhot Sarah
    7th February 2014 / 7:59 am

thanks for the tips ! I shall try it out since I have oily skin… 😀

#giglove #smallnhot.com

13. 7th February 2014 / 6:20 pm

I'm definitely an oily skinned girl so THANK YOU for all these fabulous recommendations! #GIGLove

14. Novarellie
    8th February 2014 / 6:49 am

I just tweeted you but great post! 🙂 wondering who designed your blog? Am needing to give mine a make over 🙂

15. Donah @ SweetJellyBean
    8th February 2014 / 1:27 pm

Great products and although I've never tried a setting spray before, I've been tempted to get one from NYX when I saw it at Ulta, it seems like a good idea, this would be great in the summer months when I start sweating oil bullets LOL. x Donah giglove

16. Loila L.
    8th February 2014 / 5:41 pm

Because I have oily skin, I need them! I'd love to try the MAC finishing powder that I can use everyday at work. #giglove

17. maia rose
    8th February 2014 / 10:56 pm

I have the MAC prolong wear concealer and i LOVE it!!! It is my HG concealer!!
    Haven't tried the MAC finishing powder though… 🙂