I WANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD
I guess “bleh is a typical, stereotype of Dracula. Here is my version of a vampire look. There are so many out there and I just stuck to the typical reds, purple and black hues. As compared to the glamorous versions out there, I had added a nose, cheek and jaw contour with black eyeshadow and blend blend blend. Adding fangs was the hardest part to do. Here is a step by step guide as to how to recreate this look. I couldn’t photograph the individual steps due to the bad lighting and time of the day so hopefully these steps make sense.
1. Prime your face and apply your lightest foundation and concealer or white face paint and set it with powder.
2. Shape and fill in your eyebrows as normal, preferable a shade that is a tad darker than usual.
3. Apply an eyeshadow primer on your eyelids.
4. Use a red eyeshadow and apply it on the inner half of the eyelid. Then use a black eyeshadow and apply it on the outer half of the eyelid.
5. Using a clean finger or fluffy brush, blend the middle. Add more of the two shades if needed to increase the colour and blend.
6. Use a clean fluffy brush and apply a purple shade onto the crease.
7. Using that same fluffy brush and purple, apply it on the lower lid then apply the red on the lower lash line with an angled brush.
8. Pat on red glitter onto the inner half of the eyelid and use less and less as you go towards the outer eyelid to create a gradient effect.
8. Line the upper and lower lash line as you usually do it, curl lashes, apply mascara and false eyelashes.
9. With a black eyeshadow, a contour brush and a light hand, apply it to the hollow of the cheeks and on the jawline. Remember to blend out any harsh edges. This is buildable and add more until you are happy with it.
10. Draw two lines down the side of the nose from the eyebrows with the black eyeshadow and blend. Add a little it more near the eyebrow and blend it out from the bottom.
11. Hightlight the cheeks, browbone, bridge of the nose and the cupids bow.
12. Line the lips with a mid red shade lip liner. Apply a red lipstick on the middle part of the lips and use a darker red on the outer part of the lips. Then use a lip brush to blend the two colours together.
13. Add fangs and blood then you’re all set!
I have left out details of the products I have used and the shades as you can decide on the shade of colours you want.
Remember to put your lenses in first before you apply makeup or paint. The lenses I’m wearing are the Fresh Look Colorblends in Sterling Grey. The colorblend series are great for changing your eye colour especially if you have dark eyes. Thank you Lenstore for sponsoring me them to create this Halloween look. They have also set up a discount code for my readers:
10% off your first order from Lenstore. Stocking Acuvue, Dailies, Freshlook, Expressions, Biofinity etc. One of the UK’s leading lens retailers.