My Spot Free Skincare Routine

Spot Free Skincare Routine
Spot Free Skincare Routine

BLEMISH FREE

I must say that my skin has improved so much and my breakouts are reducing and barely get spots now. Also my skin doesn’t seem to get as greasy as it did before. A combination of this skin care routine and one special ingredient. The two images above shows the skin care products I use. I tend to have the same routine morning and night. I wash my face morning and night, and exfoliate once a week. The only difference is on the days I wear makeup. I never use toner as it doesn’t seem to do anything to benefit my skin and I believe less is more. My routine:

Morning (none makeup day):
Wash face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser.
Moisturise with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.
Pat The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil all over the face.

Night (none makeup day):
Wash face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser or exfoliate with St. Ives Natural Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting.
Moisturise with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.
Pat The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil all over the face.

Morning (makeup day):
Wash face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser.
Moisturise and prime with Bioderma Sebium AKN Purifying Corrective Care.

Night (makeup day):
Cleanse skin with Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution.
Moisturise with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.
Pat The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil all over the face.

And that special ingredient is MANGOES! Yes, you have read mangoes. I have been eating mangoes everyday for the past month since mum has been purchasing them and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. She has too. It has reduced and stopped spot breakouts, skin glowing, smooth and rosy. I usually have huge breakout on my chin before and during my time of the month and I don’t anymore.

I have mainly been using them to make my own smoothies, adding other fruits and experimenting with taste. Now I cannot live a day without my smoothies, I’m addicted! One smoothie or mango a day will not only cleanse your inside but will also have an effect on the outside as well as other benefits to your health.

They are known to cleanse your skin by unclogging pores as well as prevent and fight acne and pimples. It contains a rich source of vitamin A which is a strong antioxidant and also has vitamin C which helps in collagen formation. It is also full of AHA (alpha hydroxyl acids) which is used as a skin exfoliant and rejuvenate. There are many more nutrients that a mango has.

Without this fruit, my skin wouldn’t be as good as it is now which I’ve been trying for years. I haven’t had this nice looking skin since before I hit puberty. Nearly 10 years ago! I haven’t tried doing a mango mask as they taste too nice to use. Heard rubbing the peel is good too. Will have to try at some point.

A mango a day keeps the pimples away!

Do you suffer from spots, acne and or breakouts?

1. Jing-Jing
    29th September 2013 / 11:00 pm

Congrats on getting spot free!!
    I used to have really bad acne in my teen years but luckily I grew out of it. I now suffer from very dry skin which I'm still trying to find the best routine for. I wonder if eating mangos would help coz I love mangos too! They're one of my favourite fruits!!

2. Nin
    29th September 2013 / 11:05 pm

Ooooooh. Mangoes! I might have to try that! I've been working on my spotcare too recently. I'm proud to say I own a lot of the products in the most, and you seem to know what you're talking about! Haha. I've never tried that apricot scrub and really want to! Hurry up student finance! Haha.

Will follow on Bloglovin', would love a follow back! x

3. Diana
    29th September 2013 / 11:30 pm

I would love to try the ST.Ives srub, altough I'm loving my Tea Tree one from The Body Shop!
    Please take care, have a nice day!*

beauty-with-love.blogspot.com

4. Nadia
    30th September 2013 / 2:34 am

The Bodyshop tea tree oil does help to calm & control my pimples from breakout.
    I love mangoes & would eat it weekly but I never noticed any difference on my skin though.
    Thanks for sharing dear. =)

5. meimeisays
    30th September 2013 / 3:28 am

Great post! Will definitely be looking to purchasing some of the items here as I get the odd break out mainly on my chin occasionally which is so annoying. Plus my skin gets really oily throughout the day!

Meimei xx

6. Nindya Retnasatiti
    30th September 2013 / 5:03 am

Ahh that Bioderma products are kinda hot around here as well. The makeup remover looks tempting to be tried tho 😉

Nice review, Nicol! 😀

7. karen
    30th September 2013 / 9:56 am

I never knew mangoes are beneficial in so many ways! My mom has always been telling me that eating too much of it is bad and causes breakouts…. I would also like to try out Bioderma but it's so hard to find here u_u

sentimental-circus.blogspot.com

8. Vivian Yuen
    30th September 2013 / 10:26 am

My skin has been so clear since using the Efflaclar Duo, definitely trying other products in their range. I also need to get me a smoothie maker xD

LIVE . IN . LOVE ✞

9. Daphne
    30th September 2013 / 11:02 am

This is a good regimen. I think your skin improving has something to do with you eating fruits more often. I love fruits and I never had breakouts. 🙂

xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

10. Debarpan Mukherjee
    30th September 2013 / 2:15 pm

I prefer to eat mango than to use it for my skin..hahah…anyway nice beauty tips from you

TechTrickHome

11. roviedear
    30th September 2013 / 4:11 pm

having a spot free skin is an achievement 😀 great tips from you 😀

12. Kath Rivera
    1st October 2013 / 4:52 am

Wow, good choice of skin care products. I've tried the St. Ive's and Body shop before and it's good 🙂

13. Phya
    3rd October 2013 / 7:21 am

Wow, this is really comprehensive, and good choices too!

14. Kumiko Mae
    3rd October 2013 / 9:11 am

I nver really thought mangoes do anything for the skin! I'm actually drinking a mango and apple smoothie now so yey! haha

15. Sekar Saraswati
    3rd October 2013 / 10:19 am

I didn't know Mango is good for pimple..
    Gonna stock em up soon ^^
    And to think that I use to had a mango tree at the back of my house.

16. Sef Tiburcio
    6th October 2013 / 1:31 pm

it's good to know that you really take good care of your skin very well. keep it up!

17. Jo-Ann
    7th October 2013 / 3:33 am

wow I love mangoes and I had no idea that they had such benefits! 🙂

18. 24th October 2013 / 9:11 am

I love taking care of my skin – choosing natural products is a much better option than all these products 😀 Love the great idea x x

19. Peter Thomos
    6th December 2013 / 11:04 am

Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master.
    skin care products uk

20. k crisp
    25th December 2013 / 8:20 pm

oh i definitely suffer along my chin and jaw line, I'm going to try the mangos! great post!