I’ve been thinking back to when I first bought my first makeup. This was at 16 years old and had only purchased them for the prom and never really wore it afterwards until I was 18. I didn’t have a clue as to what basic things I had needed and decided to go for the cheap drugstore brands (e.g. Miss Sporty, Collection 2000 etc) since I wasn’t really going to wear makeup again (well for a few years). I remember I had bought eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. That’s it. So here is my take on the guide to the beginner’s basic makeup kit.
– Foundation, bb cream or tinted moisturiser to even out your skin tone, cover any imperfections or to add a glow to your face.
– Face powder to set your foundation.
– Eyebrow pencil to create fuller brows to frame your face.
– Neutral eyeshadow palette to create may looks, adding depth in your eyes and to experiment.
– Eyeliner to define and emphasise your eyes.
– Eyelash curler to curl your lashes ready for mascara application and to open your eyes.
– Mascara (not included in the image) to define and open up your eyes.
– Blusher to add a natural glow to your face.
– Lipgloss (or lipbutter or lipbalm) to prevent the lips from drying and or adding a tad of colour to the lips.
– Multi-purpose brush to use for many products on the face such as blusher, powder etc.
Once you’re more into makeup, you can then move onto other products such as primers, highlighters, contours etc and or onto higher end products.
What was your very first makeup item? What would your basic makeup kit consist of?